Passport Photo Requirements
Applicants must submit one new passport photo. Please see examples below for the proper requirements of a passport photo.
Photo Requirement Checklist
- In color
- 2 x 2 inches in size
- Printed on matte or glossy photo-quality paper
- Taken within the past 6 months, showing current appearance
- Full face, front view, with the head centered within the frame
- Neutral expression with eyes open and mouth closed
- Head must measure between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head
- Photo must have a plain white or off-white background with no distracting shadows on the face or background
- Taken in normal street attire:
- Uniforms should not be worn in photographs except religious attire that is worn daily
- Do not wear a hat or headgear that obscures the hair or hair line
- If you normally wear a hearing device, wig or similar articles, they should be worn for your picture.
- Do not wear glasses of any type in your photo. If you are unable to remove your glasses for medical reasons, a medical certificate may be required.
- Articles worn for religious or medical reasons should be accompanied by a statement to that effect.
Both of these examples show well composed photos