Passport Information and Help Center

FAQ – Applying for a US Passport

  • What is a passport?

    A passport is an officially recognized government document that certifies one's identity and citizenship, permitting a citizen to travel abroad and to re-enter the United States.

  • How long does it take to get a passport?

    Regular processing through the Post Office takes on average 6 weeks. Expedited service through the Post Office takes 2-3 weeks for an additional $60. Same day service is available by scheduling an in-person appointment at one of 25 regional passport agencies across the country.

    By using a passport expediting service, no appointment is necessary, and it saves you a trip to the passport agency. Processing times ranges from 1 - 12 days depending on speed of service selected.

  • If I order 1-Week Emergency Service will I get my passport a week from today?

    Our 1-week Emergency Service means your passport will be processed in 5 business days. In addition to processing time, you will need to account for the shipping of your documents, as well as the overnight shipping of your passport back to you.

    [Example: If you send your documents to us on Monday, we will receive them on Tuesday morning to submit for processing. Once 5 business days have passed and your passport has completed processing, your passport will be shipped back to you.]

  • Do I need a passport to go on a cruise?

    Most major cruise lines strongly recommend that all guests travel with a passport. Passports make it possible for you to fly back to the U.S. from a foreign port should there be an emergency. A Passport also allows you to fly from the U.S. to and between foreign ports should you miss your scheduled port of embarkation.

  • What is the Letter of Authorization listed on the checklist?

    The Letter of Authorization authorizes passport hand couriers to act as your representative when submitting your passport application. The United States Passport Agency requires that you sign this letter before it will release your new or updated passport.

  • What is a passport card?

    The passport card is a wallet-size travel document that can be used to travel from the United States to Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda by land and sea but not air. It is most convenient for those who live close to the border and travel frequently by land or sea. It cannot be used for travel to any other destinations or for any air travel outside of the US.

  • I submitted my application to the passport agency directly. Can you help me?

    Unfortunately, if you have submitted an application directly to the US Passport Agency, we are unable to assist you. You must call the National Passport Information Center at 1-877-487-2778.

  • Can I use my Military Passport to go on vacation?

    Your no-fee military (brown) passport can only be used when traveling overseas in discharge of your official duties. For personal travel, you must use a regular-fee tourist (blue) passport. If you need a passport quickly, please inquire about our military discounts.

  • Am I guaranteed to get the passport if I use your service?

    We guarantee that we will submit your application for expedited processing. However there are circumstances out of our control which can delay or suspend your application. Examples other than weather include owing child support or back taxes, having travel restrictions due to a felony, or not having the necessary identification.

    When you use our service, we are notified right away if there is an issue and are able to correct it. When using standard post office processing, it takes 3 weeks to be notified by mail.

Click Here to Get a New Passport