Applicants must submit one new passport photo. Please see examples below for the proper requirements of a passport photo.
- In color
- 2 x 2 inches in size
- Printed on thin, photo-quality paper
- Taken within the past 6 months, showing current appearance
- Full face, front view, eyes open with a plain white or off-white background
- Center head within frame (see Figure below)
- Between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head
- Position subject and lighting so that there are no distracting shadows on the face or background
- Encourage subject to have a natural expression
- Taken in normal street attire:
- Uniforms should not be worn in photographs except religious attire that is worn daily
- Do not wear a hat or headgear that obscures the hair or hair line
- If you normally wear a hearing device, wig or similar articles, they should be worn for your picture. However, no prescription eyewear should be worn in the photo.
- Dark glasses or nonprescription glasses with tinted lenses are not acceptable unless you need them for medical reasons (a medical certificate may be required)
- Articles worn for religious or medical reasons should be accompanied by a statement to that effect.
Both of these examples show well composed photos