Rush My US Passport in 3 Easy Steps!
Need a Travel Visa?
RushMyTravelVisa.com can expedite a travel visa for you to any country in the world.View Requirements >
Government Fee Payment
The US Department of State will only accept checks or money orders written out properly. Please make sure that your check or money order follows these guidelines to avoid suspensions of your application:
- DO NOT use temporary or starter checks.
- Must be a check or money order.
- Check must be written out exactly like this: "US Department of State"
- Amount must be written out in full - $170 should be "One Hundred Seventy and 00/100"
- Write applicant's full name and date of birth on the check or money order.
- All personal checks must show a printed address.
See examples below to make sure that your check is correct:
Making out the check correctly:
Be sure "U.S. Department of State" is spelled out correctly, do not abbreviate.
Making out the amount correctly:
Make sure the amount is correctly represented as "One hundred seventy 00/100".
Both of these examples show the incorrect way to display the written amount.