Travel Tips and Passport Information

US Passports For Children

*The passport fees have recently changed. As of April 2nd, 2018, the passport acceptance fee has gone up from $25 to $35.


If you’re traveling out of the country with your family, here is important information on child passports.

If traveling outside the US, does my child need a passport?

In most cases, yes. Even infants need a passport to travel outside of the country.

Read Article

What to Do If You Need an Emergency Passport

Currently, the US government recommends that you allow at least 3 weeks to receive a passport using normal passport processing. If you pay extra for the government’s expedited service and use overnight shipping for your application, in most cases you’ll have your new passport within 2 weeks.

Read Article

Do You Need to Go to a Passport Office to Get a Passport?

Some passport requests, including renewals and name changes, can be handled through the mail.  However, the government requires many passport applicants to apply in person. If any of the following conditions apply to you, you’ll need to submit your passport application in person at a passport office:

  • This is your first time applying for a US passport, or your current US passport was issued before you turned 16.
Read Article

Ring in the New Year With an Expedited Passport

Christmas is over, and New Year’s Eve is almost here. Where will you be when 2008 turns into 2009? If you don’t have New Year’s plans yet, CheapOAir Buzz has an excellent guide to the best New Year’s Eve celebrations in the world.

Read Article