Travel Tips and Passport Information

Enhanced Drivers License or Passport for Quick Trips To Canada

On June 1st, the final phase of the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative will begin. That means that almost all travelers crossing into Canada, Mexico or the Caribbean will need to have a US passport or a US passport card. However, starting February 17, Vermont will begin issuing enhanced drivers’ licenses, which can take the place of passports for a quick jaunt over the Canadian border.

Read Article

Same Day Passports and Art in Houston

Sometimes, a lost passport isn’t as much of a tragedy as you’d think. For example, in this article from the Santa Fe Reporter, one writer described how losing a passport right before an international trip gave him the chance to see the exquisite art in the Menil Collection in Houston, Texas.

Read Article

US Passports For Children

*The passport fees have recently changed. As of April 2nd, 2018, the passport acceptance fee has gone up from $25 to $35.


If you’re traveling out of the country with your family, here is important information on child passports.

Read Article

What to Do If You Need an Emergency Passport

Currently, the US government recommends that you allow at least 3 weeks to receive a passport using normal passport processing. If you pay extra for the government’s expedited service and use overnight shipping for your application, in most cases you’ll have your new passport within 2 weeks.

Read Article