Renewing your passport is a fairly simple process compared to some of the other types of passport applications. There are two ways of getting your passport renewed. You can choose to do your passport renewal through traditional means by going to your local post office or you can use an expediting company which will get the job done in as quickly as 24 hours. If you would like to do it yourself, you must visit the US passport agency website. If you would like to use an expediter such as RushMyPassport.com, you will need to follow these easy steps:
- Complete a DS-82 application online. Passport renewal applications and requirements can be found here.
- You will need a valid or expired passport. Don’t worry, this will be mailed back to you with your new passport.
- You will need two identical passport photos. Passport photo requirements can be found here.
- Travel evidence or proof of departure will be required. If you have not purchased your ticket yet, a letter on company letterhead is acceptable as long as it meets the US passport agency’s requirements.
- A check made payable to the U.S. Department of State for $110 is required. They are very strict as to how it needs to be made out, easy to understand instructions can be found here.
- An authorization letter will be needed. You will need to contact the expediting company for this letter. It’s a very simple 1 page letter that authorizes the company to act on your behalf.
The price for expediting your passport is an additional fee which you will pay directly to the expediting company. The fee will vary according to company and service speed. If you have any questions, RushMyPassport.com offers free live chat from 9am to 6pm, Monday thru Friday, excluding government holidays.
In a hurry? Let us help you expedite your passport renewal!