If you are about to go on your honeymoon and are traveling internationally, when should you change the name on your passport?  Here are a few options:

fingers holding a passportFor those flying, your tickets need to match your passport. If this is your first time traveling internationally, you should be able to travel under your maiden name as long as your documents match. Simply visit a U.S. Post Office before your wedding and fill out an application. This will prevent you from paying additional fees. Remember, passport applications that are not expedited normally take at least 6 to 8 weeks to process, so make sure you leave enough time.

Americans traveling internationally that already had their name legally changed will definitely need a new passport. If you are limited in time, one expedited passport option is by using a U.S. passport service like RushMyPassport.com. This expedited passport service provides turnkey U.S. passports in as little as 24 hours at a very affordable price. Additionally they provide users with customer support to help in assisting with all aspects of the process.