If you’ve gotten married, it can take a long time to get everything changed over from your maiden name to your married name.  Some documents, inevitably, will get lost in the shuffle.  So, what happens when you book a vacation overseas, only to discover a few days before you’re scheduled to leave that your passport is in your old name?

There are a few different options available for rushing a passport name change, depending on how much time you have at your disposal.  The US Department of State offers an expedited processing option, but even using this option, it could still take 3 weeks or longer to get your passport back.

If you happen to live near one of the 15 US Regional Passport Agency offices, you can make an appointment to have the name changed on your passport. This can be difficult, since the offices require appointments and are only open when most people are at work.

The easiest way to rush a passport name change is to use a private passport expediting company. An expediting company will take your application to the US Passport Agency for you and deliver it by hand, ensuring faster processing. There’s no appointments, no waiting, and  no stress! With an expediting company, your passport name change could be processed in as little as 24 hours!

No matter how you choose to rush your passport name change, you’ll need the following documents:

  • Your current US passport
  • The appropriate passport application form: Form DS-5504 if your passport was issued less than 1 year ago, DS-82 if you’ve had your passport for longer than a year.
  • 2 passport photos
  • A copy of your marriage certificate. If you can’t find a copy, go to the county clerk where you were married or order one online at the CDC website.
  • Government Fees: If your passport is less a year old, getting your name changed is free, but you’ll have to pay $60.00 for the government’s expedited service.  If it’s more than a year old, you’ll pay the $75.00 renewal fee plus $60.00 to have it expedited.

RushMyPassport is one of the nation’s leading passport expediting companies. We make it easy for you to get your passport on time. Rush your passport name change with us today!