As of June 1st, 2009, the US government began requiring that US citizens traveling to Mexico, Canada or the Caribbean carry a US passport instead of simply bringing their driver’s license and birth certificates. Is visiting Mexico worth the extra trouble it takes to get a passport? Yes, definitely!
Here are the top 5 reasons to get a passport to get a passport, quick and visit Mexico this summer:
- Beaches- Mexico has some of the most gorgeous beaches in the world. Choose from the well-known resorts of Cancun or find a more remote destination like the beaches of Isla Holbox on the Yucatan Peninsula.
- Rainforests- This article has a wonderful suggestions on how to explore Mexico’s rainforests. Get off the beaten path and check out the scenery and wildlife near the cirt of Tulum in the Yucatan Peninsula or in the state of Chiapas.
- Ancient Ruins- Check out the amazing Mayan temples in the jungles near Palenque, or the ancient pyramids in Teotihuacán.
- Authentic Mexican food- From Adobo sauce to mole, discover Mexican food as you’ve never tasted it before!
- Great travel deals- The swine flu outbreak and the resulting panic has put a damper on Mexico’s tourist season. However, the swine flu warnings have been lifted, and the quieter travel season has airlines. hotels and resorts slashing prices. For example, the Four Seasons at Punta Mita is offering a $1,234 resort credit for a four-night stay! Get a passport quick to score a great deal!
Remember, if you apply for a passport with normal processing, expect it to take at least 6 weeks for your application to be processed. If you apply for the government’s expedited service, it will still take at least a month. The easiest way to get a passport more quickly is to go through a private passport expeditor. With an expediting service, you can get your passport application processed in as little as 24 hours.
Take advantage of travel deals in Mexico-get a passport quick with RushMyPassport.com!