Every girl grows up dreaming about her wedding day. Then, she actually starts trying to plan a wedding. There are two types of brides: those who revel in deciding on every tiny detail, and those who quickly begin to contemplate the joys of eloping.  In fact, eloping to escape the obligations of a wedding is becoming increasingly common. So are destination weddings, where couples and their families hold the wedding ceremony in an exotic locale, often on a cruise ship or overseas.  After all, who wouldn’t want to get married in paradise? Hotels and cruise ships that offer destination weddings usually offer no-stress, pre-planned wedding packages so you don’t have to obsess over the details.

Whether you’re driving across the border to say “I do” or planning a fairytale wedding at a castle in Europe, a US passport is indispensable.  Right now, a US passport is required for anyone leaving the country by air-even if you’re just jetting off to Cancun.  You can use a birth certificate and driver’s license for land travel and cruises instead of a US passport, but starting June 1, 2009, you’ll need a passport for that, too.

You can visit the US Passport Agency online to find out what you need to do to get a passpport. However, if you need your US passport quickly, using a professional expediting service like RushMyPassport.com is the best way to go.  With an expediting service, you can have your passport in as little as 24 hours, and you’ll have a professional to walk you through the process every step of the way!