Blog Entries on EDL

Getting a Passport or an Enhanced Driver’s License

passport card passport book

Four US states (Washington, Michigan, New York and Vermont) have started offering enhanced driver’s licenses (EDL’s), which can be used instead of a passport to travel to Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean.  If you live in one of these states, should you trade your old license in for an EDL, or should you get a passport?

Ultimately, the decision is yours to make, based on how often you travel out of the country and whether you usually drive or fly.

Read Article