Here’s another reason to get your passport application in: The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services has just announced a rule change regarding the documents you can use to prove your employment eligibility.  Before the rule change,  you could use even an expired passport to prove that you are eligible to work in the United States.  However, starting January 31, 2009, employers will have to use a new version of the I-9 form, which requires a current passport or another current List B document to prove employment eligibility.

Read Article