Rush My US Passport in 3 Easy Steps!
Need a Travel Visa?
RushMyTravelVisa.com can expedite a travel visa for you to any country in the world.View Requirements >
Proof of U.S. Citizenship
The following are accepted proof of U.S. Citizenship.
1 Original Naturalization Certificate
2 Original Previously Issued Passport
3 Original or Certified state issued Birth Certificate
- To obtain a certified copy of your birth certificate contact the office of vital records where you were born.
- If you live in California or Texas you must provide the "long form birth certificate".
- To Obtain an official, certified birth certificates online - quickly and securely, RushMyPassport recommends VitalChek.com.
4 File Search
If have been issued a passport and no longer have the passport in your possession, you may request a file search with the U.S. Passport Agency. To do so you must.
- Include a written request for a file search with the other required documents.
- Include an additional personal check or money order made payable to the U.S. Department of State for $150
5 Consular Report of Birth Abroad (Form-FS 240) or Certification of Report of Birth (DS-1350)
If you were born abroad to one or more U.S. citizens, your parents should have registered your birth at a U.S. embassy or consulate, and received a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (Form FS-240) or Certification of Report of Birth (Form DS-1350).
The DS-1350 or a replacement FS-240 can be obtained by writing to:
Vital Records Section
1111 19th Street, NW, Suite 510
Washington, D.C. 20522-1705
A written request must be notarized and must include a copy of valid photo identification of the requester. The written request must include:
- Full name of child at birth (plus any adoptive names)
- Date and place of birth
- Full names of parents
- Serial number, if known, of the FS-240 (on those issued after November 1, 1990)
- Any available passport information
- Signature of requester
- Notarized affidavit for a replacement FS-240 (if applicable)